Friday, February 27, 2009

A Place to Dine...




To begin our second studio design project we were to first design a table and side table and then a space for then to exist, I found my inspiration first in two of my favorite design eras, art nouveau and modern, I found it a challenge to find the right mix between the two and so I proceeded to pick something very important to a table which is a chair. The chair I choose was the Eboli Chair by Vincent Soto.



After reading u on the chair and its reviews it was stated that it was a mixture of 17th century Spanish architecture and modern architecture. Do i took a look and the chair a little further and also at spaces that have a baroque modern feel which I found to be very popular, the baroque style adds a hint of elegance to the more masculine modern style.

The Side Table:


The Dining Table:



The Space:


No comments: