Friday, September 5, 2008

Reading + Riding + Recording

My bus ride on the GTA was definitely an experience.


Throughout the bus are signs, very minimal advertisements, like you would have in New York or other major cities, just rules and regulations, and ways to contact GTA's customer service.

The first thing I noticed as a Bus rider on my route was the tremendous amount of car lots. now as a normal car driver, I normally ignored all the car lots down wendover and may glance and think, Trade In! But as a bus rider I felt as though they were cramming cars down my throat, by one! Only 500 down! etc... I also thought about the individuals who choose to ride the bus. Because it is a choice, and a very smart choice. The cost is minimal when comparing to a taxi, and you have the option to read or concentrate on other things instead of driving.
In the front of the bus the seats are reserved for seniors and people with disabilites, which is great, its kinda like a parking lot they usually get all the good seats but its for a very good, reason, and I'm sure there are state and federal regulations that put those rules in place.



As i was riding i began to notice the different ways in which we travel , cars, trucks, mopeds, bikes, we all have our own preferred methods of getting around and they're all at our disposal for a small/large expenditure.
Greensboro as a city is consistently building, and hope that as Stewards in our world they are looking for "greener" ways, so that in the cities future we can conserve our resources.
So as a second time bus rider, I was a little hesitant about this cord above my head, I was about a half a mile form my stop and and really didn't know when to pull it, so my ride ended up being a little longer than expected. I also noticed all of the safety signs, since buses are very much a public institution in themselves, it would only make sense that emergency exits are clearly marked, and i was very glad to see them in place.

The Uncg water tower is a great landmark, it lets me know that i'm on my way home! the bus ride was nice, people were looking at me kinda weird because of all the pictures i was taking.
I didn't feel comfortable just snapping pictures of people while they were on the bus, the idea seemed very judgmental and wrong, so I got a picture of this nice lady on her way on the bus.

Goodbye RT.1 GTA, You maybe seeing me soon.

Over all my ride went well, I plan on using our cities public transit system again.




3 comments:

Cute-wendy said...

nice. go to my blog. leave a comment please.

my blog is
www.life-of-ais.blogspot.com

MSS said...

I love all the pictures you took and how you annotated them. You gave a new perspective to riding the bus. I have been on the bus a lot but cant say that I actually enjoyed it. You seemed to treat it as an adventure, and that made me smile. You seemed very humble about your experience and that in its self was refreshing!

Tiffany L. Garber said...

I like the pictures you took, even though they are simple and very familiar I liked that you made everything a piece of art.