Friday, September 5, 2008

(W)Righting



Obviously I took my trip before I read so when riding I didn't think about the bus ride in reflection of the historical movement that the 60's brought about, but on my bus ride there was a sign in honor of Ms. Rosa Parks and Her Sitting. The sit in movement brought about great change in the Greensboro area, as well as many other cities in the south. I still am proud of the fact that these were people who were very proud, and some of the best of their race, because they're aren't many who could do what they did without fear, discouragement, and the ability to carry on with "passive insistence" as was Quoted in the Civil and Civil Rights Reading. Its a true sign of strength and how one person can inspire many, and as a human race together through uplifting one another can true cause revolution.

No comments: